What is EVO version 7?
EVO has received some of its most significant updates ever with version 7! A few of the prominent new additions in EVO v.7 and the EVO Suite (ShareBrowser, Slingshot, and Nomad) are:
- Entirely rebuilt and modernized EVO interface—including light and dark modes—with an emphasis on simplified management and monitoring
- Improved security and permissions, including HTTPS/SSL
- ACL permissions now supported in EVO
- Federated system management for large, multiple-EVO environments
- New transcoding support for BRAW, R3D, and ARRIRAW files, which can now be previewed in ShareBrowser and optionally encoded into Apple-certified ProRes
- Faster Slingshot transcoding for all EVO models
- Several of the most highly requested ShareBrowser features, including search/navigation improvements, custom favorites, on-demand edit-ready proxy creation, unmount on logout, and importing/exporting metadata
- 2x faster (or greater) performance for remote workflows with SNS Cloud VPN
- Completely reimagined and rebuilt Nomad app, now with Nomad Delta
I already have an EVO. Can it be upgraded?
Most systems currently running EVO OS v.6.1.5 are capable of running v.7.
If your EVO is on EVO OS v.5.x or earlier, then it was shipped many years ago and is on hardware that cannot support v.7. If your EVO is on hardware that was unable to support a data-in-place upgrade to get to v.6.1.5 then it cannot support v.7.
How do I know what EVO OS version I have now?
The current version is displayed on your EVO's login page.
Can I upgrade with data in place?
Yes, if your EVO supports EVO OS v.7 you can upgrade with data in place.
Is there a cost for this upgrade?
Minor release upgrades (such as v.6.0 to v.6.1) are included free of charge for our Standard and Premium annual support plan subscribers. This is a major release upgrade (v.6 to v.7) and will have an associated cost for your organization. Your upgrade fee may be discounted or waived based on your active support plan and your system’s serial number.
Locate your 5-digit serial number and complete the short form below for more information about upgrading to EVO v.7. Your serial number can be found on the back of your EVO. Read how to locate your serial number if you're having trouble or need to find other ways to locate your serial number.
When can I upgrade?
Upgrades are currently underway for some phases of this rollout. Please review the next paragraph.
I'd like to order/reserve my upgrade. What should I do?
Locate your EVO's serial number (how to locate your serial number), then complete this short form. The information you provide will help us determine a) eligibility and b) which phase of the rollout your system fits into.
You will not be contacted immediately. To ensure the smoothest upgrade, our team will be reviewing multiple data points and other system information to determine appropriate next steps for your environment. We will contact you at the email address you provide in the form to let you know what's next.
What if I don't want to/can't upgrade?
There's nothing special you need to do if you choose not to (or cannot) upgrade. Our support team will continue to assist you with your version 5 or version 6 system, though all new features and updates will be provided by way of version 7.x.