As you may have read on our site, Apple added SMB sharing as an option for library storage with the release of FCPX 10.3.
For a Final Cut Pro X shared editing environment with alternative operating systems such as the EVO OS, there are some best practices that are supplemental to those in Apple's announcement:
- The policy to enable Alternate Data Streams (ADS) must be allowed for all EVO shares if SMB use is intended for FCPX.
- All Final Cut libraries need to be copied to the share using the SMB protocol with ADS enabled.
- SMB should be the only protocol allowed for the share.
- Cross-platform (Mac and Windows) environments may be adversely affected. The allowance of SMB sharing for Final Cut libraries is recommended for strictly macOS environments.
- An update to the EVO may be required in order to add the new functionality, after which workstations may also need to be rebooted.