EVO shared storage by SNS enables a collaborative edit workflow for all major NLEs, as well as asset management and file automation tools to organize and ensure safety of data. Dropbox has been validated for use with EVO. To configure replication jobs with Dropbox, please follow the instructions below.
EVO will need to connect to the Dropbox API, which requires creation of an app on the DBX Platform at
1. Login to your Dropbox account
2. Navigate to "App console"
3. Click Create App
4. Select "Full Dropbox" if EVO should access existing files on Dropbox, or "App folder" if you'd like to limit EVO access to a separate Dropbox-created "Apps" directory
6. Click Create app
7. Click on the Permissions tab and grant read and write permissions for files and folders. The permissions must be set before generating a token
9. Click Submit
10. Navigate to the Settings tab to copy your App key
10. Log in to EVO's administrative web interface as the admin user.
11. Navigate to Slingshot > Settings > Aliases, and click the plus sign to create a new Alias
12. Give the alias a name to use when configuring the replication job
13. Choose Dropbox for the Schema
14. Paste the App key copied from Dropbox
15. Click GET ACCESS TOKEN
16. A Dropbox API authorization window will open -- review and agree to the conditions for connecting the app
17. Copy the Access code provided and paste it into the Access Token field in the Alias Builder
18. Click SAVE
19. Allow a few moments for registration, and a Volume ID will appear once successfully connected
20. The alias should now be available for replication configuration
Note: When specifying relative path (Dropbox folders) for replication jobs, spaces are allowed. For example: