EVO OS Version 6.1.5 includes many new features and improvements to scalability, performance, setup, and reliability. Some of the most notable additions are summarized below. This version (and/or a subset of its features) have been shipping on new systems for several months; it is now generally available for wide upgrade.
Please contact us to determine if your EVO is eligible for a free upgrade to this latest version of the EVO OS.
Before upgrading the OS version on your EVO, it is imperative that you review the user manual and plan for any changed functionality. A backup of all critical data must be completed and verified before beginning the update. You should also plan for a reboot, which will be required immediately after the upgrade process has finished.
In addition to these highlighted items, there are many other improvements and options, which are documented in the relevant sections of the EVO GUI's Help manual.
EVO systems are highly configurable, so these compatibility statements are guidelines for convenience. Please contact us so that we can determine your exact compatibility status and procedures.
- All EVO Prodigy units will support this version.
- EVO units running v.6.x support this version.
- EVO units early 2014 - early 2017 will support this version, though certain configurations or hardware may be ineligible or unsupported.
- EVO units running EVO OS v.4.x or earlier or shipped 2013 or earlier are not compatible with this release.
EVO OS v.6.1.5 Release Notes
- Added support for scheduled replication/sync jobs [SLN-75]
- Introduced selective purge for items in recycle bin [EVO-2368]
- Added new "Read/write reject delete" access type for NAS shares [EVO-2972]
- Introduced new storage types: Standard, Reserved, Remote, and Module for improved configurability and cordoning of storage resources [EVO-3391]
- Improved ShareBrowser functionality for users with many EVO systems [SLN-179, EVO-2249, PMP-1446]
- Added email notification options for exceeding capacity threshold [EVO-2650, EVO-2723]
- New shares on EVO are now automatically submitted to indexer [PMP-1717]
- Released support for Adobe Premiere Pro panel [PMP-276]
- Introduced capability to add a secondary/subordinate administrator [EVO-1746]
- Added capability to host a DaVinci Resolve database [EVO-2899]
- Added core functions for cluster support [EVO-1094]
- Introduced Final Cut Pro X extension [PMP-1626]
- Added support for EVO to mount "External/Remote" shares [EVO-3227, EVO-3081]
- Simplified process to rename a NAS share [EVO-1769]
- Added core support for optional SMB user audit logging feature [EVO-2168]
- Added server-side indexing capability for certain "External/Remote" shares [PMP-1691]
- Removed some limitations on AD group names [EVO-1839, EVO-2727, EVO-2785]
Please visit the EVO Shared Storage System page for more information about EVO and ShareBrowser.