EVO OS Version 7.0.1 is a continuation of v.7.0, with a primary feature being the capability to upgrade from a version that precedes v.7.0. Other notable additions are summarized below. This version (and/or a subset of its features) have been shipping on new systems for several months.
Please review and follow Can my EVO be upgraded to EVO OS v.7 for more information.
A compatibility plug-in can now be installed onto EVO OS v.6.1.5 systems to perform a pre-flight upgrade check.
EVO OS v.7.0.1 Release Notes
- Introduced compatibility check plug-in and upgrade path from v.6.1.5 to v.7.0.1 [EVO-3518]
- Introduced new dark mode style (enabled by default) [EVO-3447]
- Made several improvements to AD/LDAP support, including JumpCloud
- Expansion Ethernet ports can now be reordered in the GUI [EVO-4225]
- Introduced inline upgrade of secondary OS drive [EVO-4516]
- Deleting a share now quarantines it in ShareBrowser [EVO-4204]
- STP is now automatically set when enabling EVO's virtual switch feature [EVO-4477]
- Logging out of EVO's admin GUI now redirects to splash page [EVO-4549]
- Many other new features are included in EVO Suite software shipping with this version. View release notes for Slingshot v.1.5 and ShareBrowser 6.1.5 for more information.
Read more about what's new in this version.
Before upgrading the OS version on your EVO, it is imperative that you review the user manual and plan for any changed functionality. A backup of all critical data must be completed and verified before beginning the update. You should also plan for at least one reboot, which will be required immediately after the upgrade process has finished.