ShareBrowser 6.1.5 contains new features, minor bug fixes and improvements to ShareBrowser 6.0.3.
- PostgreSQL: 18.104.22.168
- ShareBrowser Server: 6.1.5021
- Slingshot: 1.5.74
- ShareBrowser Web App: 6.1.5030
Please read Can my EVO be upgraded to EVO OS v.7 for more information about upgrading.
- Mac: 10.14.6 or later
- Windows: 10 or later (64-bit)
First remove the current ShareBrowser via the uninstaller in Applications/ShareBrowser (Mac), or Add/Remove Programs (Windows).
To install ShareBrowser Admin or the DaVinci Resolve plugin, choose Customize in the Mac installer or click the checkboxes in the Windows installer.
- HTTPS added for web server communication - [PMP-1892]
- Added mounting using hostname/FQDN - [PMP-2308]
- Added mount functionality when right-clicking from a file - [PMP-2118]
- Added function to delete files directly from search results - [PMP-2288]
- Support RED importing from ShareBrowser extensions - [PMP-2482]
- Added option to unmount volumes on logout - [PMP-2368]
- Right-Click to create Edit-Ready proxies - [PMP-2299]
- Added custom favorite folder shortcuts - [PMP-1891]
- Multi criteria search of custom metadata - [PMP-1680]
- Natural sorting of numbers in name/volume/bin list - [PMP-2234]
- API update - Search for files with comments containing “string” - [PMP-1980]
- API update - Search for files with specific tag(s) - [PMP-1979]
- API update - Get filepath from fileID - [PMP-1991]
- API update - Find more than 5000 files and pagination - [PMP-1977]
- ‘Create Preview’ easier in multi-EVO environments - [PMP-2386]
- Added a back button - [PMP-2348]
- Made browser navigation buttons functional in the web app - [PMP-1716]
- Hidden volumes removed from search results - [PMP-2323]
- Added ability to choose drive letter in Windows - [PMP-2177]
- Import/Export user metadata (json workflow) - [PMP-2137]
- Added ability to navigate folders from search results - [PMP-2123]
- “Share” button added when searching - [PMP-2112]
- Sort files in browsing view, not just search results - [PMP-2084]
- Added ability to show full lines of metadata - [PMP-1900]
- Date modified shown in search results - [PMP-1602]
- EVO version and serial number shown on login page - [ PMP-787]
- FCP extension compatibility update - [PMP-2436]
- Increased size limit for user profile picture - [PMP-2239]
- Updates for SDNA integration - [PMP-2494]
- Right-click ‘Send to Slingshot’ not available by hostname - [PMP-2352]
- Files from share mounted with UNC can now be imported in Resolve plug-in - [PMP-2286]
- Fixed issue with certain search configurations taking too long in large database - [PMP-2490]
When using EVO version 7.0 with file/folder level ACL-based permissions, offline metadata will be available to all users that have access to the share. In cases where this is a problem, volume-based permissions are currently recommended. Enhanced support for ACL permissions is in progress and scheduled for a later version of ShareBrowser.
Read more about what's new in this version.