Slingshot automations engine v.1.3 for EVO is now available, and includes several highly requested new features. The most notable changes are listed in this article.
Your system should be running EVO OS version 126.96.36.199 (minimum) to support Slingshot v.1.3. Please contact us to determine if your EVO is eligible for a free upgrade to this latest version.
- Added Slingshot Replication support for Microsoft Azure [SLN-182]
- Added Slingshot Replication support for Dropbox [SLN-192]
- Separated server-side indexing from server-side transcoding to speed up indexing and track filesystem changes more efficiently. Transcoding of tracked media takes place hourly (unless paused by schedule). [SLN-224]
- Proxy generation parameters now include an option to exclude by file extension [SLN-262]
- Replication jobs can now be scheduled with a start date and an end date [SLN-258]
- Files with AAC audio tracks will now have their original AAC tracks "passed through" when transcoding ShareBrowser preview proxies [SLN-277]
- New option to Remove Files Prior to Syncing. Addressed situation where a sync destination could become full during a Replication sync job where large files were replaced [SLN-178]
- Added new tools for comparing files on the source and destination for Replication jobs. It is now possible to compare files after transfer to verify integrity or check files prior to transfer to ensure a file of the same size and date at the destination was not modified since the last job. [SLN-138, SLN-144]
- Added an API call to ShareBrowser to trigger an index per file for expanded partner integration functionality. [SLN-272]
- Expanded logging options for Replication jobs. The logging directory can now be selected by the admin, and logs themselves can be included in Replication jobs. Logs are removed after 30 days. [SLN-250]
- Added option to choose verbosity for individual Replication jobs. [SLN-256]
- Files being removed by a Replication sync job on a share where the Recycle Bin is enabled must have enough capacity for deleted files to be stored until being removed from the Recycle Bin. [See SLN-178]
- If two options that perform hash calculations are enabled in the same Replication job the source and destination files may be read twice. This could result in additional data being used in cloud hosting services [See SLN-138, SLN-144]